Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: ListenLive Network Remote control development Topic: ListenLive Network Remote Control Last replied to: September 28, 2015, 2:00 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by penbex Message # 1     Posted at March 12, 2013, 8:00 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

The "ListenLive Network Remote Control" is software to control your Radio device (running the Listenlive firmware) from a pc, tablet, phone etc.
The aim is to have software for various platforms.
Right now Brammie has created a first (test) version which runs on Windows and he would like to hear how it works for you.

If you do not need it, simply skip it. If you like the idea then give it a try. If you have suggestions you can post them here.
Brammie will use this forum section to give his feedback, talk about improvements and fixes etc.

The software is available here.

Posted by brammie Message # 2     Posted at March 12, 2013, 8:48 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: July 26, 2011

Thanks William for the intro 

The software has been tested on Win7 and XP.  Please let me know if you have any issues in installing.
Please mind when installing the software it will warn you about the source. 
I am a hobby writer so, no official license to MS hence the warning window.

In the help screen there is some information on how to enable your device for remote control as well as how to find the ip-address of the device.
I will write a small manual as well.

I do think icons are self explain and play with the keyboard too !!  Cursur enter and backspace are also working

Todo list:

- save the window position on exit
- make a PRE button to exec a sequence of keys, i.e. always go to your favorite radio station.
- more robust device/network detection.
- switchable auto new version detection.  ( currently only manual YOU detection )

Please let me know any idea or improvement you would like to have as well.

And please do a post here if you use/like the software , just for me to know somebody is using it....

Cheers,

Brammie.

Posted by drdr Message # 3     Posted at March 14, 2013, 12:12 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: January 22, 2013

Hi- thanks for the software! Great job! Looking forward to an Android version.

A) Even once I have the right IP address and the software works, I get an error that the connection failed, every time I press a button.

B) The IP resets to 192.168.1.1 every time the software is run.

C) The home button doesn't work if I'm in clock mode.

D) Is there any way to display the menus in your program , so that you don't need to be near the device? (It is like that on the software for Squeezeboxes.)

Thanks!

(Last Edited by drdr on March 14, 2013, 2:04 am)
(Last Edited by drdr on March 14, 2013, 2:16 am)

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at March 14, 2013, 8:31 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

D) i think thats doable. Although i have no idea what the logitech solution looks like..

Posted by brammie Message # 5     Posted at March 16, 2013, 11:52 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Hi Drdr

Thanks for the feedback!

Of course the app does need to remember the ip address for you.   

Can you please scan your disk if you can find a file  ip.ini  ?  It must contain the ip adress you typed in.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\J14JH7RP.2W4\P7567WC1.JRT

The path must be something like the above.

If not, can you please find the listenlive.exe path and post it here?
What o.s. version are you running ?

Many thanks

Brammie

Posted by drdr Message # 6     Posted at March 31, 2013, 3:04 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Thanks - sorry things have been (and are) very busy. I should hopefully be able to get back to you later this week.

Posted by brammie Message # 7     Posted at April 2, 2013, 7:05 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

No problem.. 

Anybody else using the software ??   any reports?

Thanks !

Brammie

Posted by drdr Message # 8     Posted at April 4, 2013, 1:27 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Actually, I noticed that even though the "IP Setup" screen always reverts back, it does seem to save the IP. I still can move around the screen via the app, but get a warning about not being able to reach the radio. It also doesn't work from the Clock screen at all. I'm using Windows XP, so that path you mentioned doesn't exist.

Thanks!

Posted by penbex Message # 9     Posted at April 4, 2013, 5:52 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Quote:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\J14JH7RP.2W4\P7567WC1.JRT
The path must be something like the above.

On Xp the file ip.ini is in:

C:/Documents and Settings/[username]/Local Settings/Apps/2.0/number/number/list..tion_number_0001.0000_number/ip.ini

Note that the map "Local Settings" is a hidden map. So it depends on the tools if it is visible.
The "number" parts appear to be random/assigned by XP.
I could not find a reference to ip.ini inside the registry.

Posted by drdr Message # 10     Posted at April 5, 2013, 2:42 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

The correct IP is there.

Posted by brammie Message # 11     Posted at April 5, 2013, 9:24 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

It is a correct statement it always reverts  back.  I can change that for sure, but idea was..  if the ip is wrong , why disply the wrong one.
I have noticed myself that if the radio is idle for a long time the communication is failing   Not sure about the conditions and Who is failing yet.

i still have NO idea why your system is not keeping the ip address, will setup an XP and do some testing.
Thanks for the additional info !

At this moment I am re-writing the setup to use registry settings instead of an ini  file as well.

Posted by explmag Message # 12     Posted at April 9, 2013, 8:36 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: September 7, 2011

I tried the software as well. I entered the correct ip-adress but only get the message "connection failed".
By the way: I don´t understand the help text. Which functions are meant? The "settings" and "network control" of the device?

Is Firmware 1.48 necessary? I tried it with 1.47.
I have no idea at all what I could change!

Posted by BWend Message # 13     Posted at April 10, 2013, 9:07 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: April 3, 2013

I was able to install the Software WIN7/64 without any problems.

The connection to the device Xoro HMT350 (FW 1.48) works well, 
I have been able to use most of the current control buttons correctly (only the "pause" did not work in the media player)

But I'm not sure on the actual value of such an app, as you still need to watch the Display of the Device to press the right buttons

A big enhancement would be therefor if e.g. the "applications" could be directly selected via the provided app or if there would be an option to show the display content in the app (in order to realy navigate remotely).

Bernd

Posted by brammie Message # 14     Posted at April 25, 2013, 6:34 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Quote:

I tried the software as well. I entered the correct ip-adress but only get the message "connection failed".
By the way: I don´t understand the help text. Which functions are meant? The "settings" and "network control" of the device?

Is Firmware 1.48 necessary? I tried it with 1.47.
I have no idea at all what I could change!

Brammie:

Yes, you need to enable the device to allow remote control.

- network settings  -  remote control   should be [ON]

I am running 1.47  myself.
Are you familiar with the telnet?  As with telnet we can determine the failure side. ( device , network, app )

Posted by brammie Message # 15     Posted at April 25, 2013, 6:37 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Quote:

But I'm not sure on the actual value of such an app, as you still need to watch the Display of the Device to press the right buttons

A big enhancement would be therefor if e.g. the "applications" could be directly selected via the provided app or if there would be an option to show the display content in the app (in order to realy navigate remotely).

Bernd

Brammie:
Hi Berd,

Fully agree and understand your comments.  I will contact William about any posibilities.
I could do a blind menu, but then if sync is lost, I am not sure where I am  with the app

Fot my understanding.  What Applications are you looking for?  Radio ?  TV ? or ?   
I could start with a simple version......

Posted by FeliXY Message # 16     Posted at April 27, 2013, 2:38 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: August 24, 2011

Quote:
- network settings  -  remote control   should be [ON]

With firmware 1.49 (3.5") the setting is in "remote control settings" -> "network remote control [on]", not in "network settings".

Felix

Posted by FeliXY Message # 17     Posted at April 27, 2013, 2:45 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Quote:
Fot my understanding.  What Applications are you looking for?  Radio ?  TV ? or ?   
Why not sending back to the app the whole content of the display? 
Shure not for video and maybe without any background, but all the rest?

Felix

(Last Edited by FeliXY on April 27, 2013, 2:46 pm)

Posted by FeliXY Message # 18     Posted at April 27, 2013, 3:00 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Quote:
Anybody else using the software ??   any reports?
I am glad that you started this project. Good work!
No problems to install the app on win7 for an arnova device with fw 1.49
I can confirm the non-function of the pause-button.

Is a specification of the protocol available?

Felix

Posted by Rince Message # 19     Posted at April 30, 2013, 12:04 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: April 30, 2013

Hi,

this is sounding very exciting.
A network controlled radio.

It would be great if there is a way to controll the radio with a home automation software like FHEM.
(FHEM allready is able to control some TVs and AV-Receivers over TCP/IP, so basically this is nothing new to FHEM)

To get this running easily, it would be necessary to know how the protocoll is working. Is there any chance to get the specs?

Greetings,

Rince

Posted by penbex Message # 20     Posted at April 30, 2013, 3:15 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Rince, answered via pm
Felix, the protocol is Very simple. Open port and send command.. Then wait for OK.
Right now only commands similar to the remote control can be send. But we are looking at sending out mor info like menu position, list data and screen data while playing tracks. Ideas are very welcome.

Posted by explmag Message # 21     Posted at May 1, 2013, 2:04 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: September 7, 2011

After upgrading to 1.49 and setting remote control to "yes" the program works. But as you never know what you are doing by clicking on the icons without any hints it seems to be very dangerous in this version.

The result for my ENVIVO is now: after starting it normally again the display has turned 180°! Everything is displayed "on the head" - switching off and power unplug didn´t change that so far.

I hope I find a way to turn it again ...

1. Edit: The display is not turned 180° but every direction is inverted: up, down, left, right.
Any idea what I can do now???

2. Edit: After switching off longer now everything with the display is normal again without any changes!
But after several problems with my WIFI connection which are solved now as well I did only one thing:
I changed the settings concerning remote control in the network to "OFF" ...

I think I will wait for later versions of this program ..!

(Last Edited by explmag on May 1, 2013, 2:37 pm)

Posted by penbex Message # 22     Posted at May 1, 2013, 3:27 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

I had this once before, it seems to be a very rare condition related to the kernel.
Not really anything we can fix. It is for sure unrelated to the network remote control option.

Posted by penbex Message # 23     Posted at May 3, 2013, 7:03 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

For those interested in the protocol, on this page is an example of how communication is done via tcp/ip

The listenlive code does exactly this using port 8080.
It waits for basic text commands and then turns that into a remote control function feeding it to the remote control key input routine.
Commands are the same as the buttons on the remote, thus "LEFT", "RIGHT", "STOP", "MUTE" etc.

We are now looking into commands that reveal the menu position and screen data so you can see where you navigate without looking at the device.

Besides that we are also looking at commands that have less to do with controlling the radio but more with home automation.
For example, think of an automatic mute when the phone is ringing.

~William

Posted by Rince Message # 24     Posted at May 11, 2013, 4:25 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: April 30, 2013

Hi,

I do like the idea of integrating very much. I use FHEM for home automatisation.

This system is working event driven and of course connected to my FritzBox. So FHEM allready has got the information about calls (including reverse number searching, utilising the FritzPhonebook and so on).

The only thing missing would be the ability to display a text message on the display. All the rest is allready computed by FHEM anyway.

--

Making use of the radio for more controlling:
It would be a great feature, if the IR-Sensor of the webradio could send received raw IR codes over TCP/IP to a certain destination adress. The hex codes for example.
So you could use any IR-controll to send commands to your fhem server

Posted by brammie Message # 25     Posted at June 18, 2013, 1:47 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Guys,

Have updated the application with some improvements.

It has now become ListenLive version 1.1

- ipaddress and last window location on the desktop are now stored in the registry instead of the .ini file
- Keep alive message build in , so app and radio do not loose each other any more.
- Power button does switch off the radio and now also close the app.  ( logical he? )
- initial start-up with popping up windows cleaned a little.

http://213.93.94.144/listenlive/ListenLive.zip      is the new file location now.

Please un-install the old one FIRST  to remove the ini file.

Appologies on forehand for the MS windows behaviour.  Some browsers may complain about my ipadress of my server as being unknow  YEAH!!!
Also windows will tell you during installation this is coming from an untrusted developer..  so you know to expect these messages.

Any question / improvements / comments   PLEASE !!!! share them with me  !!

would be nice if you could leave a post here as well if you are using my app.

Cheers,

Bram

(Last Edited by brammie on June 18, 2013, 1:48 pm)

Posted by ritchie Message # 26     Posted at July 3, 2013, 9:04 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: May 23, 2013

Hi,

is it may possible to get a complete list of the remote control  commands ?
Are these all commands ">UP LEFT DOWN RIGHT EXIT POWER OK VOLp VOLm STOP REPEAT PGUP PGDN RECORD HOME MENU MUTE FORWARD REWIND FMRADIOIs the source code of the radio public available ?

Best regards
R.

Posted by ritchie Message # 27     Posted at July 7, 2013, 6:22 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

I just starts to write a control module for the listenlive firmware,
but one of the main problems is more less.

- State of the actual menu position.

I can count the steps of the menu, but I also get a "OK", even when
the command was recognize, but not executed. This happen, when
you send to many commands by one shot. Which is needed,
without navigating to a menu entry directly.

Best regards

Ritchie

Posted by penbex Message # 28     Posted at July 7, 2013, 10:44 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

The next release has additional commands so you can read the menu position and even what is currently playing..

Posted by ritchie Message # 29     Posted at July 8, 2013, 10:41 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Hello Penbex,

thanks for the investigation and adding the functions into the next release.

Best regards

Ritchie

Posted by brammie Message # 30     Posted at July 28, 2013, 8:55 am,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

@Ritchie

Question.  Do you experinece a lost of connection after an long period of no communication? 
( not sure about long but feels like > 10 min )

I have build a ping command which "solved"  it, but am curious if you do see same

Cheers,

Bram

Posted by ritchie Message # 31     Posted at August 1, 2013, 7:02 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Hi,

I do not have any interrupts in the connections so far I can see.
Commands to the radio are send up to now in the morning to switch on/off the
radio automatically.

This works so far really good, even I switch off the WLAN in the night and when
we leave the flat for security reason (done automatically by mobil detection).

During radio hearing, no disconnection happens normally. So radio hearing is mostly stable.
Interrupt can happen also on server side.

The only problem up to now is, that the radio does not execute correct all given commands via
the tcp/ip interface. I get all the time a response of "OK" of each command, but If I send these
commands to fast, the execution of the commands went wrong. (The radio runs into the wrong menu item).

I hope, that this will solved, when the interface will give the state of the actual position back.

Send always a ping to the radio does not solve your problem in my opinion.
check your WLAN reception, maybe an other position will help.

Or you have a sleep function in your radio or power save function, which will switch of the interface.

Can you stream a video without any problem ?

Regards
Ritchie

Posted by brammie Message # 32     Posted at November 7, 2013, 2:57 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Guys,

Worked on an improved version of my Listen Live remote controller.

version 1.2 is now here..

http://www.employees.org/~freijn/listenlive/Listenlive_1_2.zip

you can install and override any previous version.

Improvements :

- remembers the last window position
- improved communication fail handler

please mind that many functions also work using the keyboard.

Any suggestion of bug report   please let me know.

I will start working on an "artificial" menu tracking system.

(Last Edited by brammie on November 7, 2013, 2:58 pm)
(Last Edited by brammie on November 7, 2013, 2:59 pm)
(Last Edited by brammie on November 7, 2013, 3:00 pm)

Posted by ritchie Message # 33     Posted at November 9, 2013, 6:00 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Hi , are you using the new interface ? Without any status information of the radio really a remote control of the radio is inpossible. Since I have run remote control by the existing interface ( two/three month) of version 1.49 and have to interact or correct actions manually. I will start/continue the project again after releasing the version 1.50. Best regards Ritchie

Posted by penbex Message # 34     Posted at November 9, 2013, 8:49 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Due to lack of time progress has ben slower than what i want it to be. I have two more issues to complete before i can release 1.50.

Posted by brammie Message # 35     Posted at November 10, 2013, 8:19 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  

Hi Ritchie

As you can see, I have not 

I was just thinking in doing it the artificial way.

but better to wait and put the effort in for the real one.

@ William , could you share the icons with us ?  So we can start prepare ourselfs??
Do you have a menu id created for every icon already?   or even better , every menu step?

It is getting winter now.....  long and dark nights.   GOOD for coding evenings  hihih

Cheers,

Frank

Posted by oldtrappertom Message # 36     Posted at September 28, 2015, 2:00 pm,     subject: ListenLive Network Remote Control  
Registration date: September 19, 2011

Nice piece of work - tks. Running on win10 only mute and vol and power off work. Each (successful) command is followed by a Window saying no connection to device. How to use this on Android? cheers ott leftt alone in the cold
(Last Edited by oldtrappertom on November 2, 2015, 11:58 am)