Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: German / Deutsch Topic: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen Last replied to: July 12, 2016, 2:37 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by PetiOPR Message # 1     Posted at April 8, 2013, 11:03 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  
Registration date: April 8, 2013

Hallo in die Runde.
ich habe vor 3 Tagen von Xoro ein HMT 370 gekauft (zum Testen erhalten - Internetrückgaberecht). Ein Update auf die neueste Firmware von Xoro konnte kaum die vielen Probleme beheben. Nun bin ich hier auf eine alternative Firmware gestoßen, die ich gern ausprobieren möchte. Für mich ist jedoch wichtig, dass ich notfalls die Xoro-Firmware wieder einspielen kann. Ich habe ja noch 1 Woche, um den Kauf rückgängig zu machen. Wie wird wieder die originale Firmware eingespielt? Ansonsten kann ich ja das Gerät nicht zurück schicken.
Danke für Eure Hilfe.
PetiOPR

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at April 8, 2013, 12:24 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

It could be done but I do not have the time to create the files for that anytime soon.
But why would you want to return it?

What did you expect from the device or what functionality are you looking for?

If you expect this device to compete with a 1080p fullhd mediaplayer like the popcorn hour, dune, xtreamer and the likes then send it back. This device is not like that.
If you are looking for a good internet radio, keep it and upgrade to the listenlive firmware. You will nog find anything better.
If you like to listewn/watch podcasts and vodcasts then also keep it. It will be able to play 99% of the streams.
If you think it can replace a regular TV, send it back. The device can play tv streams just fine. However, not that many regular tv streams are available. From the streams that are available it can play a decent part but not all.
Main problem is that many broadcasters try to make sure that viewers are also visiting their website so they can show advertisements etc. So there are streams that are protected by DRM and thus do not play and there are streams that just do not play good enough with our Linux version of MPlayer. Here the firmware can be improved but it takes time.

~William

Posted by PetiOPR Message # 3     Posted at April 8, 2013, 12:55 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Hallo,

the original fw has some bugs I hope to fix with LLfw. But if it does not work I must send the device back to the seller. That is only possibly with Xoro-fw.
I found the following bugs in Xoro-fw:
Volumesteps are to large (vol.1 to quiet and vol. 2 to loud)
UPNP-Client shows not all entries (I miss always the 2. entry)
Time-Sync does not work (after 12 hours it is not on the current time)

Regards
PetiOPR

Posted by ibirider Message # 4     Posted at April 8, 2013, 1:20 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  
Registration date: March 18, 2013

Hallo PetiOPR,

diese Bugs der Xoro-FW sind mit LL 1.48 alle weg.

Wenn Du damit zufrieden bist, dann würde ich es machen. Ein Weg zurück geht dann aber so ohne weiteres nicht mehr.

Deine Entscheidung!

Ich habs gemacht und bin mehr als zufrieden.

Gruß Harry

Posted by penbex Message # 5     Posted at April 8, 2013, 1:22 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Quote:
Hallo,

I found the following bugs in Xoro-fw:
Volumesteps are to large (vol.1 to quiet and vol. 2 to loud)

With the listenlive firmware you can control two things.
the vol+/- button control the master volume.
Within the settings screens you can set the base volume level for the fm module and for mplayer. (like mixer input volume)
For mplayer, as of 1.49 (released soon) you can do +20 +10, 0, -10, -20 and -30 for the volume.
This means you can indeed control the volume in the way you want.

Quote:

UPNP-Client shows not all entries (I miss always the 2. entry)

UPnP shows all entries. If it does not due to some untested server, then we will fix it as soon as possible.

Quote:

Time-Sync does not work (after 12 hours it is not on the current time)

I do not think we have this issue.
Time sync is done with 3 preset time servers (so if one fails others will be used) and is auto synchronized. 
Besides auto, it is also done on specific points, like when you go to the clock screen it gets a refresh.
But can also be done upon request manually.

~W.

Posted by PetiOPR Message # 6     Posted at April 9, 2013, 7:34 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Hallo Harry,
danke für Deine Antwort. Ich habe mich nun etwas mehr mit der LLFW beschäftigt (Reihenfolge des "Updates" usw.). Bei der aktuellen Firmware V1.48 (7inch Models) steht, dass ich einen Loader V2 benötige. In der Download-Liste gibt es nur einen der Version 3. Hast Du den benutzt? In der Readme dazu steht, dass nach dem Einspielen des Loaders in einem Text-Modus gearbeitet wird. Muss ich da was beachten (muss ich "Befehle" kennen/eintippen)? Hast Du ebenfalls das 7inch-Gerät (HMT 370)?
Noch ein paar Fragen: Gibt es einen Schlummer-Modus (Gerät in Standby nach z.B. 60 Minuten)? Bleibt die Erweiterbarkeit der Favoriten über die 3 Dateien (lt. Xoro-Internet-Seite z.B. mytv.dat - das habe ich probiert und einige Sender eintragen können ARD, ZDF)? Kann man als Sprache "Deutsch" auswählen? Es ist eine LLFW 1.49 angekündigt. Sollte ich auf die warten (ein paar Tage habe ich ja noch, bevor die "Rücksendefrist" abläuft)?

Danke für die Unterstützung
Grüße
PetiOPR

Posted by penbex Message # 7     Posted at April 9, 2013, 7:55 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Quote:
Bei der aktuellen Firmware V1.48 (7inch Models) steht, dass ich einen Loader V2 benötige. In der Download-Liste gibt es nur einen der Version 3. Hast Du den benutzt?

Minumim version is loader v2.. Loader v3 is fine for the HMT370.

Quote:

In der Readme dazu steht, dass nach dem Einspielen des Loaders in einem Text-Modus gearbeitet wird. Muss ich da was beachten (muss ich "Befehle" kennen/eintippen)?

You do not need to type any commands. Itg only means there is no graphical screen.
the loader screen looks like this: 

1: Regular Firmware update (from SD to the device)
2: Install the recovery mode to the device
3: Start application "Main" from SD Card
4: Clean device config files and cache
5: System information
6: Power off

One of the options will be highlited. You can use the up/down buttons to select an option.
Obviously you need to choose option 1 to install the listenlive firmware.
Option 2 is not needed for the Xoro HMT370, it already has a recovery mode.
Option 3 is only needed for debugging or perhaps future tools/programs
Option 4 is not needed for the Xoro HMT370
Option 5 and 6 do not need explanation I guess.

Quote:

Gibt es einen Schlummer-Modus (Gerät in Standby nach z.B. 60 Minuten)?
Yes, you there is a sleep timer / auto off function. You can select 5,10,15,30,45,60 and 90 minutes.

Quote:

Bleibt die Erweiterbarkeit der Favoriten über die 3 Dateien (lt. Xoro-Internet-Seite z.B. mytv.dat - das habe ich probiert und einige Sender eintragen können ARD, ZDF)?
No, the mytv.dat is no longer used. You can use this website to do the same thing. Either enter stations for everyone (public) or enter them as private.
When added on this website, they will be linked to your HMT370 and available under the MyFavorites app.

Quote:
Kann man als Sprache "Deutsch" auswählen?
Yes, German is supported. If you are not happy with some of the translations you can see the forum thread with the latest German language file and post improvements. These will then be added to the file that is stored on the server. When your HMT370 starts it will check for updated language files and take the latest changes.

Quote:

Es ist eine LLFW 1.49 angekündigt. Sollte ich auf die warten (ein paar Tage habe ich ja noch, bevor die "Rücksendefrist" abläuft)?

The 1.48 firmware is the first firmware for the HMT370. Previous versions were for the HMT350 and similar devices.
Because of that, there are some bugs or things that need to be fixed and modified.
1.49 will fix most issues but probably not all of them.
With the official firmware you are stuck. Xoro does not make the firmware themselves and fixes are very rare if done at all.
With the listenlive firmware I am always working on improvements and more or less every two months there is a new firmware.
It depends a bit on my spare time and what is being added and/or fixed.

I am waiting for some feedback on a few fixes that are tested at the moment. As soon as I have some positive news 1.49 will be available.

Posted by PetiOPR Message # 8     Posted at April 9, 2013, 8:11 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Hallo Penbex,
thanks for quickly and extensively answer. I try it in the evening and tell you "success or not" tomorrow.
Regards
PetiOPR

Posted by penbex Message # 9     Posted at April 9, 2013, 8:19 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

If something goes wrong during the upgrade we can do a recovery...

Posted by ibirider Message # 10     Posted at April 9, 2013, 8:24 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Quote:
Hallo Harry,
danke für Deine Antwort. Ich habe mich nun etwas mehr mit der LLFW beschäftigt (Reihenfolge des "Updates" usw.). Bei der aktuellen Firmware V1.48 (7inch Models) steht, dass ich einen Loader V2 benötige. In der Download-Liste gibt es nur einen der Version 3. Hast Du den benutzt? In der Readme dazu steht, dass nach dem Einspielen des Loaders in einem Text-Modus gearbeitet wird. Muss ich da was beachten (muss ich "Befehle" kennen/eintippen)? Hast Du ebenfalls das 7inch-Gerät (HMT 370)?
Noch ein paar Fragen: Gibt es einen Schlummer-Modus (Gerät in Standby nach z.B. 60 Minuten)? Bleibt die Erweiterbarkeit der Favoriten über die 3 Dateien (lt. Xoro-Internet-Seite z.B. mytv.dat - das habe ich probiert und einige Sender eintragen können ARD, ZDF)? Kann man als Sprache "Deutsch" auswählen? Es ist eine LLFW 1.49 angekündigt. Sollte ich auf die warten (ein paar Tage habe ich ja noch, bevor die "Rücksendefrist" abläuft)?

Danke für die Unterstützung
Grüße
PetiOPR

Hallo PetiOPR

den ersten Teil hat ja William schon beantwortet. Der Support vom ihm ist unüberttroffen.

Was besseres kann uns gar nicht passieren.

Auf die 1.49 würde ich warten. Die kommt in Kürze, hat mehr Features, und einige wesentliche Bugs sind bereinigt (siehe Forum)

Harry

Posted by PetiOPR Message # 11     Posted at April 10, 2013, 5:46 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Hallo Harry und William,

ich habe also gestern die LL-Firmware installiert. Das ging auch ziemlich problemlos. Etwas verwirrt war ich, als nach dem Neustart erstmal das Xoro-Logo erschien (bei jedem Neustart), aber dann kam doch das LL-Menu...

Als Nächstes habe ich die Netzwerk-Verbindung aufgebaut (WLAN) - ohne Probleme und mein ListenLive-Konto mit einer PIN versehen (für MyFavorites), ebenfalls gut geklappt.

Dann ging es an das Testen, zunächst die beiden Sachen, die mir mit am wichtigsten waren:

Die Lautstärke funktioniert prima, sehr fein abgestuft (könnte vielleicht etwas lauter sein, wenn man höher regelt).

Noch mehr hat mir der UPNP-Client gefallen. Alle Auswahlmöglichkeiten werden angezeigt und beim Abspielen der MP3's wird der Tag angezeigt (Titel, Interpret, Album und Bild). Klasse!
Enttäuschend war die Wiedergabe (über UPNP) der Videos: Kaum eine Datei wurde abgespielt (mit der Xoro-FW waren es wesentlich mehr)... Da kann sicher im Media-Player was geändert werden? Ich vermute, es hängt mit der Video-Auflösung zusammen. Es sind Dateien, die ich üblicherweise am TV ansehe und die haben dann 720*576 oder auch 1920*1080. Videos sind mir an der Stelle aber auch nicht sooo wichtig.

Dann habe ich weiter probiert: Meine Fernbedienung wird nur als "compatible" angenommen, so dass viele Tasten ohne Funktion sind. Hoffentlich kann da etwas geändert werden. Z.B. sollte beim Drücken von "Menu" nicht die Auswahl der News erscheinen sondern wirklich das Hauptmenu. Die Schlummerfunktion (ausschalten nach x Minuten) funktioniert, wenn auch umständlich einzustellen: Ich muss erst die Minuten angeben und kann erst danach die MP3-Dateien abspielen lassen. Schön wäre, wenn ich bei laufender Musik (UPNP oder Radio) über eine Taste die x Minuten auswählen kann.

Was mir nicht gefällt: Wenn ich das Gerät mit der Fernbedienung ausschalte, geht es "richtig" aus und kann über die Fernbedienung nicht wieder eingeschaltet werden. Das geht nur über den Knopf am Gerät, darum wird heute früh auch der Wecker nicht funktioniert haben...
Die Radio- und TV-Stationen die ich in MyFavorites über die LL-Internetseite einstellen kann sind meist veraltete Links und funktionieren nicht. Ich werde mich heute damit beschäftigen und versuchen dort einige eigene Stationen einzurichten. Ich weiß, dass  z.B. ARD und ZDF auf dem Xoro funktioniert haben (über die Datei mytv.dat). Dann müsste es auch gehen, wenn ich die Links hier eintrage?

@Harry: Hast Du auch den HMT 370? Wird Deine Fernbedienung "vollständig" erkannt?

@William: Kann man die Codes der Fernbedienung updaten, dass alle/mehr Tasten funktionieren? Gut ist, dass ich über die PG- und PG+ Tasten die Helligkeit der Anzeige ändern konnte, so strahlt das Gerät im Schlafzimmer nicht so hell, prima.

Fazit: Ich bereue nicht, dass ich den Umstieg gewagt habe (auch wenn nun die Garantie weg ist). Allerdings hoffe ich auch auf ein neues FW-Update und dass dann die Fernbedienung besser klappt (wenigstens Ein- und Aus-Schalten...). Danke an William, dass sich überhaupt jemand damit beschäftigt. Wenn es noch ein paar Verbesserungen gibt werde ich auch einen Obolus spenden.

Grüße

PetiOPR

Posted by penbex Message # 12     Posted at April 10, 2013, 6:53 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Most of what you mention is already handled in the 1.49 update that is in progress...

Posted by ibirider Message # 13     Posted at April 10, 2013, 12:17 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

@Harry: Hast Du auch den HMT 370? Wird Deine Fernbedienung "vollständig" erkannt?

Hallo,

nein, nur den Xoro HMT350. Nach dem Update hat er auch die kompatible FB erkannt. Habs dann aber per Menu auf die Original-FB umgestellt (Prüfung der Stumm-Taste).

Harry

Posted by penbex Message # 14     Posted at April 10, 2013, 12:42 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

There is only one remote control model for the HMT370.
Additional button support is already added to 1.49 (see the development thread)
So do not worry.. it will be improved after the update.

Posted by PetiOPR Message # 15     Posted at April 26, 2013, 5:07 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Hallo William,
the new firmware (1.49) is availible today!  I downloaded and installed it. One of my interests was the remote control. But I think there was no change. It is still only a compatible modus and the "menu" key shows the "News". I think my Xoro 370 works like with 1.48. Do you plan to change the remote control for full function of all keys?
I will test more in the next days and tell you the results.
Regards
Peter

Posted by dradia Message # 16     Posted at March 1, 2015, 10:33 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  
Registration date: January 28, 2015

Hi penbex,

I have just became the owner of EnVivo PO1235 and Xoro HMT370. The PO1235 was bought with original firmware and HMT370 bought as a second hand with already installed LL firmware v1.49 (and probably LL loader v3, I don't know how to check it  ).

I have first upgraded successfully PO1235 on recent LLfirmware v1.52/loader v3.1, using Sandisk SD Ultra II 1GB SD card (as per your suggestion here: http://www.listenlive.nl/board/message.php?id=4499). The upgrade went flawlessly .

Then I wanted to upgrade HMT370 from v1.49 to 1.52, but without success. Of course, for the upgrade project, I have copied on the very same (FAT32 formatted with default allocation unit size) SD card llfirmware7.upd, llfirmware7.upd.md5 and fs_fwrec files as well as update-firmware.bin file of LL loader v3.1. I also tried the upgrade without the loader update file on the SD card, but the result was the same. The fs_fwrec file never triggers the loader on the device, so I could not initiate any loader option. Since you suggested in prior posts to try with other cards, I have tried with Panasonic SD 2GB Class 4, Kingston SD 1GB, ADATA 1GB Speedy SD card, Sandisk microSD 2GB, Nokia 512MB microSD (via SD adapter) and some other microSD cards, but again with the very same result - not triggered loader. Does it might mean that SD card slot/reader is broken? How could I check it? Fyi, when I put some media file(s) on any mentioned SD card (including Sandisk SD Ultra II 1GB) and try to launch it with Media player, the device shows that there are no entries (files) on the card at all.

The device works well with already installed v1.49 (as far as I could see in these few days till I got it), but when I checked if there is installed recovery mode (with pressed power and back buttons together prior to power cord plugged into the device), there is no recovery screen appeared on the device. However, when I press power button to power on the device, it does not untill I first plug off the power cord and then plug it on back.

As I wish to firmware upgrade and have the loader available for future requirements, please help me to solve the issue.

Posted by penbex Message # 17     Posted at March 2, 2015, 7:27 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

It is possible that the SD reader is not working due to corrupt drivers. It does not have to be a hardware problem.. Although that is possible as well.
However, since you have the LL firmware, you could start by creating a telnet connection to the device (no password needed) and check manually the contents of the SD card..

Posted by dradia Message # 18     Posted at March 2, 2015, 11:00 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  
Registration date: January 28, 2015

Quote:
It is possible that the SD reader is not working due to corrupt drivers. It does not have to be a hardware problem.. Although that is possible as well.
However, since you have the LL firmware, you could start by creating a telnet connection to the device (no password needed) and check manually the contents of the SD card..

Thanks for the reply.

I have created a telnet connection to the device ("telnet IP address" without port entered in cmd) and got a screen:

Ingenic linux machine
Kernel 2.6.31.3-svn263 on an mips
<none> login:

What should I enter next (as login)? When entered (without password) into the device, how to check the content of the SD card (what should I enter)? I am not familiar with telnet and linux...

Posted by HELLER Message # 19     Posted at January 8, 2016, 3:40 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  
Registration date: January 4, 2016

Hallo ich habe die Software FF 1.52 auf meinem HMT 370 installieren  ohne Probleme aber bin ich damit nicht zufrieden

Wlan bricht ständig ab Streaming auch nicht bleibt Dunkel  alles läuft nur über LAN

Ich habe probiert die originale Software v 3­­_3 RC5 zurück  installieren jedoch ohne Erfolg

Gibst ein Möglichkeit die originale Software wieder  instalieren ?

Grüße HELLER

Posted by penbex Message # 20     Posted at January 27, 2016, 6:19 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

I have provided recovery images for the HMT370 to Xoro.
So they can roll back the original firmware (or give you the images).

Posted by HELLER Message # 21     Posted at February 1, 2016, 1:37 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Quote:

I have provided recovery images for the HMT370 to Xoro.
So they can roll back the original firmware (or give you the images).

Hi penbex,
kann ich ein link zum recorvery Images für HMT370 download haben
Grüs HELLER

Posted by HELLER Message # 22     Posted at June 12, 2016, 11:08 am,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Hallo
kannst du eventuell ein Anleitung wie ich die original Software
wieder in das Radio installiere leider habe  bis jetzt kein Erfolg
Gruse HELLER 

Posted by penbex Message # 23     Posted at July 12, 2016, 2:37 pm,     subject: Originalfirmware von Xoro 370 einspielen  

Check with Xoro service.. they have recovery files..