Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: ListenLive Firmware development Topic: Will 1.53 ever be released? Last replied to: September 27, 2015, 10:10 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by Heinz Message # 1     Posted at February 11, 2015, 2:50 pm,     subject: Will 1.53 ever be released?  
Registration date: February 6, 2012

Its more than a year since 1.52 was released. Will there ever be a 1.53?

Desperatly waiting...Heinz

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at February 12, 2015, 7:30 am,     subject: Will 1.53 ever be released?  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Due to the fact that these devices are getting old and every re-flash is a risk..
and although I have a bunch of fixes in the source code,  I am not releasing firmwares with just minor/small fixes anymore.
The risk of something going wrong during flashing outweights these small fixes.

What exactly are you "desperatly waiting" for?

~William

Posted by Heinz Message # 3     Posted at February 21, 2015, 9:37 am,     subject: Will 1.53 ever be released?  
Registration date: February 6, 2012

Hello William,

I reportet you problems with autoplay function long time ago. You found out that V. 1.52 has some problems with certain stream types which prevent the device from autoplaying a station at the start.
At 27.01.2014 you wrote me an email:

Hello,

I have found the problem.

I need some time to work it out and test and then I can give you an update.

As you wrote now, there will be no new release of the FW.

So would it be possible to send me a link to download V. 1.48 or 1.49 so that I can listen to my favorite radiostations when turning my Xoro on?

Kind regards,

Heinz

Posted by JohnJ Message # 4     Posted at February 23, 2015, 9:17 pm,     subject: Will 1.53 ever be released?  
Registration date: February 21, 2015

Quote:
Its more than a year since 1.52 was released. Will there ever be a 1.53?

Desperatly waiting...Heinz
I also am interested un this. Will be new versions of the firmware? Thanks for the informaciĆ³n.

Posted by penbex Message # 5     Posted at February 26, 2015, 4:11 pm,     subject: Will 1.53 ever be released?  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

You are drawing a conclusion that is incorrect.
I have not said that there will never be a new version.

There are still developments. I could release a new version every week..
The only result will be that more and more people will be experiencing issues with the flash memory.

The Original firmware consists of 3 parts: a bootloader, a Linux kernel and the operating system.
The Listenlive firmware is just an application on the operating system.
The listenlive upgrade process replaces a lot of OS files and fixes some issues with kernel modules.
Although problems are drastically reduced, devices that have the listenlive firmware still occasionally crash.
Probably due to bad flash chip management at the hardware or kernel side.

This is mentioned on the forum as a time bomb.
The longer the Original firmware has been used, the more likely it is that the device stops working due to corrupted flash memory.
What this means is that every time a device is flashed, there is a risk that it stops working either directly or shortly after.

Out of all the brands that were sold based o nthe same SkyTC hardware, only two had a dual boot recovery option.
I spend a lot of time to make this available to all users. Sadly almost noone is using it.

Initially the Listenlive firmware was used as an alternative but Original firmware could also be used.
~Half year ago, the database that powered the original firmware was shut down. As a result all devices with Original firmware were no longer able to get station lists.
This pushed a lot of additional users to our firmware.

Due to the increase of users that have used the original firmware for a long time (= higher chance of bad flashing) and due to the fact that the devices only get older (= higher chance of bad flashing) 
the only option we have is to only release firmware updates when it is really needed.

Maybe report more bugs or come with suggestions for new functionality / improvements so that there is a good reason to publish 1.53

~William

Posted by oldtrappertom Message # 6     Posted at September 27, 2015, 10:10 pm,     subject: Will 1.53 ever be released?  
Registration date: September 19, 2011

Suggestion: How 'bout controling the device by upnp....  for example via bubble upnp on Android. As soon as IT is recognized as renderer i can play any Media file on IT, webradio by its stream-url, manage playlists, set volume and so on...  Would be wow