Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Missing Stations Topic: Australia ABC radio station Triple J Last replied to: May 8, 2015, 6:46 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by Yellowducati2 Message # 1     Posted at May 4, 2015, 3:21 am,     subject: Australia ABC radio station Triple J  
Registration date: April 25, 2013

The ABC has has ceased streaming Triple J and their other radio stations in any format apart from AAC.

I posted an add station recently, but selected an incorrect speed, due to getting that data from a radio streaming guide on a web site.

Triple J is now 64 kbps AAC format only.

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/stations/triplej/live?play=true

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at May 6, 2015, 9:38 am,     subject: Australia ABC radio station Triple J  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

If you have a device originating from Penbex, then you are out of luck. These devices can not handle AAC streams.

If you have a device originating from SkyTC, then you can use the listenlive firmware with the Listenlive database or choose the TuneIn app and play the streams via TuneIn.

ABC made sure they updated the streams in the TuneIn app.

Posted by Yellowducati2 Message # 3     Posted at May 7, 2015, 9:54 pm,     subject: Australia ABC radio station Triple J  

Hi there, we do have the SkyTC with LL firmware and can listen to other AAC streams via LL

It is simply that the ABC Triple J AAC stream is not in your database.

The two that are there are now defunct.

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at May 7, 2015, 10:17 pm,     subject: Australia ABC radio station Triple J  

You can add new entries with the right url if you know it (or request moderator rights to change the existing entries..)
but wit hthe listenlive firmware you can also select the TuneNn app and play the stream fro mthere.. as ABC stated that they have put the new streams in TuneIn..
Thats the nice thing of the listenlive firmware..you can use our database here and help improve the database of course..
but you can also use the databases of others like TuneIn, Tuner, Live365, Shoutcast, Icecast etc etc.

Posted by Yellowducati2 Message # 5     Posted at May 7, 2015, 10:33 pm,     subject: Australia ABC radio station Triple J  

Thank you.

I did a new station request a while back, but based on incorrect information I put in that it was 64 rather than 48.

I will see what I can find about using TuneIn via LL firmware.

The URL is as per my first post.
It is 48 AAC
Station home page is abc.net.au/triplej

Posted by Yellowducati2 Message # 6     Posted at May 8, 2015, 1:53 am,     subject: Australia ABC radio station Triple J  

Sorted.

The database for ABC Triple J (98k) streaming type is shown as PLS.

This plays on the SkyTC.  Incorrectly tagged?

Posted by penbex Message # 7     Posted at May 8, 2015, 6:46 am,     subject: Australia ABC radio station Triple J  

That entry is a real PLS non-AAC stream and it is working and has been working since 2012..
I removed the outdated ones.