Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: Can't pick up database with KMP-511 original firmware 1.7 Last replied to: April 7, 2017, 6:56 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by Noxon Message # 1     Posted at April 6, 2017, 4:34 pm,     subject: Can't pick up database with KMP-511 original firmware 1.7  
Registration date: April 6, 2017

Hello,

I have the Arnova KMP-511 (older model with KM104 serial number and 1.7 firmware) and was about to download and install the new firmware when I read the news indicating "The installation of special firmware is NO LONGER needed!!! All radios should now be able to pick up our database automatically with the original firmware".

So I tried to go to the Internet Radio function to see if I could get a list of stations, by location or by genre. For several minutes the screen shows "Getting data list" with a green rotating ring, until the message "Network connection error" appears. So evidently the radio is not able to connect to the database (I can only listen to two radio stations which are stored under Favorites).

Do you have an explanation why it isn't working? Is there a solution or should I install the new firmware?

Many thanks for your advice and for all your efforts!

Regards from Brussels

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at April 7, 2017, 6:56 am,     subject: Can  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

That is related to the Penbex based devices.
You have a SkyTC based device, it does not apply to your device