Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: KMP510 Opensource app Last replied to: June 18, 2017, 5:34 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by nders Message # 1     Posted at May 9, 2017, 10:20 pm,     subject: KMP510 Opensource app  
Registration date: May 13, 2012

I have ported squeezeplayer to my KMP510. Not fully ready yet, remote control and all keys are not mapped....
Also I have reverse engingered the kernel drivers, exept the wifi, can build new kernels my self.
Any hackers that wants to start a community?

Anybody intressed in a more open alternative. you can run apps on squeezeplayer as spotify. I'm running
new kernel and userland from sd card, I will try to see if I can modify the uboot from running system,then you
can try the stuff from an sd card.

BR
    Anders

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at May 10, 2017, 7:34 am,     subject: KMP510 Opensource app  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Do note that the devices have stability issues and that flashing can shorten the lifetime.
I can setup a forum section for experimental code if you like.

(Last Edited by penbex on June 19, 2017, 3:23 pm)

Posted by yugaja Message # 3     Posted at June 18, 2017, 5:34 pm,     subject: KMP510 Opensource app  
Registration date: October 26, 2016

Quote:
Anybody intressed in a more open alternative. you can run apps on squeezeplayer as spotify. I'm running
new kernel and userland from sd card, I will try to see if I can modify the uboot from running system,then you
can try the stuff from an sd card.

BR
    Anders

Hi Andres,

I am interested in more open alternative for sure. To be honest I am very satisfied with LL version, but I want to try more and something new... I have two KMPs devices, and can help somehow probably. I was forced, in the past, to go deeply into devices recovery, because of well known time bomb problem... I have managed to solve (part of ) the puzzle, to get parts back, and devices are operable since then. 

So I am in.